1. Implementation of Apprenticeship Training Scheme under the Apprentices Act, 1961 - Registration of contracts of apprentices and maintenance of progress records of all the establishments and their apprentices regularly.
2. Inspection of establishments and Basic Training centre for quality control of Apprenticeship Training Scheme.
3. Conducting Progressive Trade Test in establishments periodically for evaluation and organizing All India Test in the region and awarding National Apprenticeship Certificate to successful apprentices.
4. Arranging Trade Committee Meetings and Regional Apprenticeship Advisory Committee meetings in accordance with the directives of DGE&T, New Delhi.
5. Implementation of SDIS/ MES Scheme for Skill Development in the concerned region as per directives of Government.